Everyday solutions for you and your family.
What is a Credit Union?
Credit Unions are different from any other financial institution as they are founded on democratic, cooperative principles. Credit Unions are not-for-profit and are owned and operated by the members they serve. Members elect, and may be elected to, the credit union board of directors, with each member having one vote.
Credit Union Uniqueness
- One member, one vote
- Owned and operated by members
- Voluntary Board of Directors
- Favorable rates and low-cost services
- Dividends are paid to members – not stockholders
Bay Area Credit Union is a community credit union located in Northwest Ohio. Membership is open to those who live, work worship or attend school in Lucas, Wood, Ottawa or Sandusky county.
Family members are always welcome.
Become a member today and start enjoying the benefits! Here’s how:
1. Visit our office.
2. Provide government issued photo I.D. (with current address). If opening a minor account, birth certificate and Social Security Card are required.
3. Open a Regular Savings account with a $5 minimum deposit to join.
4. $50 minimum deposit to open checking account.
We make it easy for you to switch to Bay Area Credit Union. Just fill out this switch kit